What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Crew Scheduling establishes crew coverage for all flight assignments in accordance with applicable FARs, specific qualifications, customer and business requests, and within the guidelines established by two collective bargaining agreements. The objective of Crew Scheduling is to provide efficient, 24/7, operational coverage, timely communication, compliance documentation to crewmembers and internal departments. The Crew Scheduling department is a critical function of the ATI operations system and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Supervisor Crew Scheduler assumes a leadership role in the Crew Scheduling department. This role is considered to be an extension of management and takes on added responsibility for compliance, documentation, workload delegation, and coaching the Crew Schedulers.
- Refine the middle range and long range crew schedule of ATI aircraft. Schedule pilot online training events. Minimize costs on crew movements and overtime pay with efficient crew utilization decisions. Maximize crew capacity and proactively plan for coverage changes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Ensure compliance of applicable FAR(s) and the two collective bargaining agreements are followed in all Crew Scheduling practices as they apply to ATI.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and transparent documentation regarding irregular operations, crew schedules, legalities, collective bargaining agreement compliance, and internal processes. This includes crew vacation buy back, trip trades, JRA, VOL, and UNBS tracking.
- Assist the Crew Scheduler in developing multiple recovery options to ensure best decisions are made during irregular operations and assist with recovery implementation. The Supervisor Crew Scheduler is the first line of escalation during irregular operations. Communicate all operational and crew related issues to Assistant Manager and Manager of Crew Scheduling, Chief Pilot, and Director of Operations.
- Coordinate and audit crew schedules for internal departments that are impacted by Crew Scheduling assignments. Not limited to Crew Planning, Travel, Maintenance, System Control, Flight Following, Finance, and Training.
- Audit and coach Crew Schedulers to ensure compliance of applicable regulations, CBA, and internal procedures. Train new employees and conduct regular training for continuous improvement of the Crew Schedulers.
- Manage irregularities with system software updates. Run reports for management. Investigate operational abnormalities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma (equivalent) with relevant work experience
- Two (2) years scheduling or related work experience.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have a coach mentality and be committed to serving others in a leadership capacity. Must prioritize guiding the success of others.
- Must maintain expert knowledge of applicable FAR(s) and ability to apply collective bargaining agreements in an operational setting.
- Must have strong attention to detail, exceptional multitasking ability and must be capable of working independently with little direction. Must have the desire to see projects through completion.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and make decisions with multiple competing variables and priorities.
- Must have sound judgment, financial acumen, analytical aptitude, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess confidence and maturity to support the needs of the operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with crewmembers, internal departments, and management regarding crew assignments and compliance related issues.
- Strong customer service and team focus with the ability to defuse stressful situations.
- Expert understanding of global time zones and world geography. Ability to calculate time accumulation and convert between multiple time zones.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, telephones, copiers, faxes, and printers.
- Familiarity with aircraft performance, aviation weather, flight planning, and airport operations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Key User knowledge with aviation specific software.
- Ability to comply with all company and department policy and procedures.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or Aviation related field.
- Three (3) years of experience within ATI Crew Scheduling or closely related department.
- Prior leadership experience with a positive coaching mentality.
- Ability to stand, bend, and reach in order to maintain files. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time and operate a keyboard/mouse. Ability to hear and respond to requests in an open office setting that can become noisy at times.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements. The Crew Scheduling department is a critical function of the ATI operations system and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc