What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Administrator position requires a detailed oriented individual that has the authority for revising and maintaining the operational integrity of ATI’s Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) program to ensure regulatory compliance and end user accessibility, usability and reliability through daily monitoring.
This individual will also coordinate the needs and requirements of the EFB program with divisional workgroups, cross-divisional stakeholders, regulators, vendors and technology solution providers for the purpose of program assessment, changes and enhancements. These tasks will be achieved by working in and expanding on the various computer software programs used to support program objectives.
The EFB Administrator will develop and implement training processes for crew that support efficient use of the EFB including non-technical skills. This individual will also control the hardware and component stocks including validation of operation following an EFB repair or replacement.
This position requires the ability to clearly communicate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), vendors and regulatory authorities. The EFB Administrator is responsible for revising the EFB Administration Guide (EFBAG) as required. All activities are required to comply with the aspects of the ATI Safety Management System (SMS) and Operations Specifications A061.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the overall EFB program development, system hardware, operating system and installed Type A and B software.
- Design and format page layouts, enter and edit complex aviation related content and illustrations in Adobe Framemaker.
- Accurately proofread and make corrections to material and content.
- Enter information into database for tracking and audit purposes.
- Create and pull reports as requested.
- Manages the testing protocol for operating system and Type A and B software updates to ensure all changes are fully functional and do not interfere with any applications that are required to meet regulatory requirements and operating policy.
- Works with other departmental leaders and SME’s on the development of user communication, EFB training materials, SMS program directives, business continuity plans and EFB policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with external EFB help desk vendor, tracking support and problem resolution.
- Consolidates feedback from crew reporting systems (WBAT/ASAP/OUSD) and other communication channels to assess the health of the program and identifies trends that require mitigation and preparing reports/briefings for management.
- Manages the IT vendor support to ensure that all elements of the EFB program, including hardware, software and infrastructure meet the FAA requirements for stability and reliability as outlined in the current version of Advisory Circular (AC) 120-76 and/or additional regulatory guidance.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with industry EFB work groups.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors and judgments in all operational processes and procedures.
- Assist with Jeppesen updates and revisions as needed
- Perform EFB Administration Guide updates as necessary to comply with Company and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent required.
- Excellent writing skills
- Problem solving, analytical thinking, decision making, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient communication skills in all media types (in person, phone, email, etc…).
- Self-starter and motivated to produce quality output.
- Microsoft Office skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Three years of relevant program/project management work experience or equivalent job experience/education.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of relevant technology topics including software development, application testing, wireless connectivity and mobile device management.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Understanding of project management methodology and experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, prioritizing the work as necessary without losing focus on completion goals.
- Experience with aviation oriented technical writing.
- Experience in publication compilation and distribution.
- Proficient use of Framemaker.
- Understanding of the elements contained within a Safety Management System.
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc