What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Systems Engineering Coordinator liaisons with aircraft and component manufactures to obtain technical data. They review Requests for Engineering Services, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, etc. and participate in the reliability improvement process. They prepare technical data and procedures for maintenance to use. Primarily involving the aircraft systems (Avionics, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, etc.) but will include aircraft structures knowledge as well. They must be able to read and understand OEM documents and data; recommend, write and implement changes to the aircraft. This position also involves direct support for shop, hangar and line maintenance in troubleshooting and providing corrective actions, including repair or deviation documentation for assigned fleet structure.
- Generate and maintain company engineering orders covering alterations, modifications, and repairs to Company aircraft and/or their components.
- Generate and maintain wiring diagrams, drawings & schematics in support of company engineering orders.
- Answer Engineering Service Requests (ESR) generated from company personnel. Facilitate and act as the point of contact, if inquires have to be made outside the company to complete an ESR. Maintain the ESR Database.
- Work closely with the Reliability Dept. to provide technical support to the Maintenance Department/Company.
- Research and create Component Build Specifications or Engineering Orders in support of the Reliability Dept. suggestions.
- Work closely with FAA-Designated Engineering Representatives (DER) for the development of data not previously approved and to obtain FAA approval for all projects not based on previously approved data.
- Coordinate the exchange of information and approved data between the Company and the Aircraft Manufacture, FAA Designated Representatives, and Maintenance Facilities or other outside agencies as needed.
- Maintain the company’s computer tracking system for aircraft maintenance.
- Conduct and or assist with internal Tech Services Dept. audits for SMS, IEP and or QA
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Services
- 5 Years commercial aviation experience (121 operator or similar).
- Knowledge of aircraft systems, components and structures
- Must be able to read, interpret and write technical drawings, manuals and documents
- Good communications skills, verbal and written.
- Be capable of working independently / limited supervision and as part of a team
- Basic skills with using a computer and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office or similar)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Job Skills:
- Associates Degree or Higher in an aviation related field.
- Advanced Computer programs (i.e. AutoCad, Corel, etc…)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
- Sitting at a desk in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Occasionally work in a line or hanger maintenance environment
- Access aircraft using Ladders, Stairs, Manlifts, etc…(heights > 6’)
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc