What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts, and high value animal transportation. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
What you’ll do:
Acquire, maintain and control materials flow for headquarters, line stations, heavy check stations and other stations to ensure availability of assets, either company owned or procured, for the purpose of ensuring safety and reliability for the airline, and doing so in the most expedient and cost effective manner.
- Seek and obtain for ATI, quality product for the dollars expended.
- Generate computer based purchase orders when appropriate.
- Ensure that all procedures and policies relative to the purchase of parts and materials for the Company are adhered to in detail.
- Keep track of exchange and loan transaction to ensure cores are returned to vendors, and support documentation is processed to assure invoicing to the customers.
- Maintain oversight of items purchased or undergoing repair until their receipt and/or transaction closure. Track all shipments, expected delivery and movement status of these items and provide and update the applicable department as to project deliver date/times. This includes the tracking of parts sent for repair and their warranty status as well as tracking materials purchased specifically for heavy checks.
- Ensure all records relative to any purchase orders written are maintained and readily available to include all relevant data such as the details for the originating request and authorization, source of supply, vendors queried, price comparisons and reasons for selecting a specific vendor.
- Maintain active paper files in existing filing system.
- To work extended days and/or weekends on either a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Receive serviceable and unserviceable aircraft parts.
- Ensure any data required for customers and coworkers is entered into the database in a timely fashion and that source documents are maintained in accordance with processes and procedures
- Analyze usages and use information to select materials to be sent for repair or held for processing at a later date.
- Process and enter inventories from outstations, FAKs and Stores facility.
- Perform daily audits of computerized receiving and shipping records to ensure proper and timely data entry.
- Be prepared to travel and support warehouse locations outside ILN for extended periods of time including international locations.
- Work with vendors to prepare truck shipments for bulk or oversized items to ensure safe transportation for company owned property.
- Audit courier invoices and make determinations as to failures in service, overcharges, or other descrepancies which may be found.
- Work with accounting to ensure invoices for materials purchased are coded correctly and paid in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned by Inventory Control Supervisor or higher management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers; stand, bend and reach in order to maintain files; sit for extended periods of time; and comply with ATI attendance requirements.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to operate all material handling equipment and company vehicles.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete mulitple tasks simultanioulsy.
- Must posess above average verbal and written communications skills.
PREFERRED JOB SKILLS:
- Prior purchasing experience preferred; prior warehouse experience preferred.
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc