What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Engineering Intern supports the Technical Services Department; this includes basic engineering tasks related to Aircraft systems and structures. Researching vendor and manufacture manuals and service bulletins. Reviewing aircraft records and completed engineering orders for completeness and accuracy in accordance with industry and company policies and procedures.
- Research and develop component build specs in coordination with the Reliability Department.
- Research and develop Engineering Orders for airframe, systems or appliances.
- Review completed Repairs for completeness, accuracy and review that they are properly filed.
- Research aircraft manuals for effectivity and/ or aircraft / Component configurations
- Research historical aircraft records for embodiment of service bulletins or other modifications.
- Maintain the company computer database
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Services
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current student seeking a degree in an aviation related field
- Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, manuals and documents
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be capable of working independently / limited supervision and as part of a team
- Some knowledge of aircraft structures, systems and or components
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Basic skills with using a computer and programs like Microsoft Office or similar
Preferred Job Skills:
- Associates Degree
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
- Ability to write Technical Documents
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc